Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 16:44:08 -0400, John Peacock wrote:
>

>> The plugins were not originally intended to be complete Perl scripts but
>> rather are stubs which are loaded by Qpsmptd::Plugins (which includes
>> Qpsmtpd::Constants already).  It doesn't actually hurt to apply the
>> patch, but it is also not really necessary...
>>

>   Indeed, I recognise that  :)
>
>   There have been many recent comments on this list about adding a
>  real test suite to the project.  I've got a fair amount of test
>  cases that I'd be happy to share if it comes to it.
>
>   But the value of test cases is in running them regularly.  A
>  simple test like the one I submitted, if executed prior to
>  an "svn commit", could catch *real* errors.  And that is why it
>  is worthwhile to improve the current situation.

What real errors would your diffs catch? The one case you showed
involved a false positive.

Why not let the test script use Qpsmtpd::Constants and anything else all
plugins use, instead of adding a line to each plugin in the universe
(many if not most of which are third party and out of control of svn
anyway)?

Cheers,
Brian