Robert Spier wrote:
>> I may have an extreme view on this, but... Systems that re-use the same
>> module in lots of other different modules tend to annoy me, because the
>> author hasn't thought out what needs to be imported when - instead
>> they've just fired a shotgun blast of use statements around until things
>> stopped erroring out. It's also nice to have terse code.
>>

> You mean the author is writing clear code that says "this module
> explicitly uses this module" instead of letting the reader make
> assumptions?

The author is not helping the reader by use'ing everything he could
conceivably need in every file in the source tree, no. Plugins always
need Qpsmtpd::Constants. My point was that plugins are *not* modules.
There are no package declarations, etc. either.

> Because it means we can never remove it.

Why not?

> Nobody said anything about failing anything if they don't do it this
> way.  At least for the foreseeable future we're not going to require
> anything extra in the plugins if you don't want to add it.  We may go
> the extra mile in the core, but that doesn't mean you need to do it
> for your own plugins.

But then we'll need a different test to be more lenient with third party
plugins that care to hook into the testing framework. Making one change
is better than making N changes, particularly when N is large.

> I'll just say this directly so we can get it out of the way:
>   I think you're wrong

Fair enough.

Cheers,
Brian