On Oct 21, 2008, at 11:47, Peter J. Holzer wrote:

I always found the rcpt_ok plugin in trunk/plugins rather useless for
two reasons:

As John pointed out; it was there to provide the basic "work like qmail-smtpd" functionality. (Indeed I think it was part of the first round of "move functionality into plugins").

I don't disagree that it's much less useful now when just about everyone is using much more sophisticated (and proper) mechanisms for deciding what's a valid recipient.

Patches to the sample plugin configuration are welcome.

 - ask