On Don 02.12.2010 10:48, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

On Dec 2, 2010, at 10:37, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:

Maybe we can make another benchmark AnyEvent vs  Danga::Socket due to
the fact that AnyEvent with EV as underlaying event lib looks very fast
from the internet source ;-)

Matt was (I'm guessing) testing a load that's artificial to anyone
who's not just archiving spam from a spam trap.  For the rest of us by
far most of the resources go to the various spam filtering stuff, so
the performance will be fine.

More important is the ease of use of the APIs, the general eco system
etc.  On those AnyEvent wins (in my opinion).

I plan to use AnyEvent::Worker::Pool and make something like
qpsmtpd-prefork with AnyEvent and multi port listening.

I'am still in learn mode of qpsmtpd and AnyEvent so it will take some
times before I get a usable version.

Aleks