From: qt-creator-boun...@trolltech.com
[mailto:qt-creator-boun...@trolltech.com] On Behalf Of Danny Price
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 5:45 AM
To: qt-creator@trolltech.com
Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] General Usage Question

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Robert Caldecott
<robert.caldec...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well said.  Personally I can live without file system integration as
anything complicated SVN-wise I can do with the awesome TortoiseSVN
plugin.  Alt-Tabing to an Explroer window when I need to rename files
is not the end of the world.

It's not just 'alt-tabbing to an explorer window', it's:
1) Removing the file from project (either manually from the .pro file or
via the menu which requires dismissing the SVN prompt).
2) Closing any open documents for that file as Creator will not do with
for you (and this is an easy way to get into a mess).
3) Renaming the file in explorer / your SVN client.
4) Re-importing the file (as above).
5) Re-running qmake.

Five laborious steps!

But I'll take a hint and drop the subject!

        Qt Creator is a superb product and I am forever evangelising
about it
        to co-workers and fellow programmers.  My only gripe is with the
        'session' system which is well documented here.  :)

Agreed.

        I think the Trolls have done an amazing job with this product,
and
        considering it's only a 1.x release, the features are impressive
- I
        much prefer editing C++ code using this IDE than I do MSVC (even
with
        the Visual Assist plugin.)

        So, well done to all involved and long may the good work
continue.