Danny Price, Friday 20 November 2009:
> I would consider the abilty to rename a file more fundamental to an IDE
>  than supporting every major source control solution under the sun.
>  Source-control support in IDEs is generally mediocre, if it exists at
>  all, and most developers use dedicated source control clients or the
>  command line. And dedicated solutions will always beat a one-size-fits
>  all IDE.

Please take into consideration, that you might not stand for the majority
of users. I for example consider the source-control integration mandatory
and working fine, 90% of my (SVN) operations I can do directly from
Creator.

I don't stand for the majority of Creator users either, since I don't even
code Qt programs with {q|c}make and git, but normal C++ programs with
autotools and SVN. But the few things that I missed, I have been able to
add easily myself and some even got merged into mainline Creator.

You seem to be spending a _lot_ of time posting to the Creator mailing
list about features you are missing. Of course it's useful for developers
to hear suggestions from their users, but also as you said:

> But we're all developers on this list [...]

That is completely right, and that's why I think there should be a bit of
a balance on how much time one spends talking about Creator and coding on
it.

Please don't get me wrong... it's fine if a feature request is made (maybe
the new bug tracker is also better for that than the mailing list?). But
then don't write again and again how important this or that feature is and
how Creator is completely useless without it. That's simply a PITA for all
readers of the list (or at least me and a few more as that discussion has
shown).

Thanks,
Frank