On 02.02.2010 17:37, ext Stephen Chu wrote:
>> Platform as in different OS environments/computers? Are you using a
>> network share with different OSes?
>
> I am working on a project that's shared between Mac and Windows. The
> project folder is in a networked share.

Hi Stephen!

I do not want to introduce some option into the GUI for what seems (to
me:-) to be a rarely encountered use-case. So I thought about other
options to ease your live: How about introducing a environment variable
(let's call it QTCREATOR_EXTENSION) to override the .user file extension?

When looking for a .user file to open Qt Creator would prefer
project.${QTCREATOR_EXTENSION} over project.user (using the latter as a
fallback). When writing it will create project.${QTCREATOR_EXTENSION}.

If you can set e.g. the Mac to override this environment variable to
".user_mac" and the windows system to use ".user_win", then (together
with the shadow build option) your need to copy .user-files around and
delete transient files should be gone.

Best Regards,
Tobias