On 01.02.2010 15:14, ext Stephen Chu wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any plan on making it easier to move .user files between
> platforms?

Platform as in different OS environments/computers? Are you using a
network share with different OSes?

 > By that I mean building the project with Creators on
> different platforms.

The Build- and RunSettings are platform dependent: Build tools, command
line arguments, compilers, etc. all depend heavily on the platform used.
I am currently not aware of somebody working on abstracting this away.

> Right now when I open a project in a different platform, I need to
> delete .user and other make files or the project will use the build
> steps from the other platform.

I do not check in the user file into my version control system. So all
my different systems have separate user files.

The Makefile-Situation could be mitigated by the use of shadow builds:
All the generated files go into a directory different from the sources.
No need to fiddle with all those storage locations that way.

> I changed the directories for object, UI and other temp files. But the
> .user and make files still need to be manually cleaned.
>
> Any way to make this process simpler? Thanks

Not sure yet:-)

Best Regards,
Tobias