In article <4b684c3c.6070...@nokia.com>,
 Tobias Hunger <tobias.hun...@nokia.com> wrote:

> On 01.02.2010 15:14, ext Stephen Chu wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Is there any plan on making it easier to move .user files between
> > platforms?
>
> Platform as in different OS environments/computers? Are you using a
> network share with different OSes?

I am working on a project that's shared between Mac and Windows. The
project folder is in a networked share.

> > Right now when I open a project in a different platform, I need to
> > delete .user and other make files or the project will use the build
> > steps from the other platform.
>
> I do not check in the user file into my version control system. So all
> my different systems have separate user files.
>
> The Makefile-Situation could be mitigated by the use of shadow builds:
> All the generated files go into a directory different from the sources.
> No need to fiddle with all those storage locations that way.

How do I configure Creator to use shadow build? The help file only
mentions Windows CE.

> > I changed the directories for object, UI and other temp files. But the
> > .user and make files still need to be manually cleaned.
> >
> > Any way to make this process simpler? Thanks
>
> Not sure yet:-)

:(

Thanks for the pointers on shadow build. At least that will make things
a little bit easier. If I can get it working, that is...

--
Stephen Chu