No, we mean the .pro file. qmake's file format supports a lot of logic
there, including platform detection (scopes like win32, unix, and
macx). Never edit the .pro.user file and avoid using Creator's
built-in tools for changing the build settings -- do all the work
directly in the .pro file except for things that are SPECIFICALLY
relevant to only the checkout you're working on.

/s/ Adam