I echo W's comments below.  If you would like unbiased information about
your national and local candidates, you will be well served at:

http://www.vote-smart.org/

I can't believe we still can't do any better than Kerry and Bush as
candidates.  Both are sellouts to their party power brokers and the
special interest groups that fund their campaigns.  Kerry wants to gain
the ultimate power, Bush simply wants to retain it.

There is less and less difference between the two major parties now,
especially during a presidential election year when both sides
desperately go after the undecided voters who are typically flaming
moderates like me.  So Democrats begin professing "Family Values" and
republicans discover "Compassion."  I feel the bile rising in my throat.

Bush is hated by Democrats much like Clinton was hated by the
Republicans.  Most Democrats  would rather see an untrained monkey as
president, as long as it is not Bush.  Kerry is simply the enemy to the
Republicans, and they will do whatever it takes to defeat the enemy,
bogus commercials or otherwise.

The truth is there won't be much difference in our lives regardless of
which candidate is elected.  They can promise anything they want to now,
but they still have to get it through Congress, which is very difficult
to do nowadays with no real majorities in place.  This is all good to
me, because I want passing of legislation to be as difficult as
possible.  There should be less laws, not more.  Viva Gridlock!

Steve