Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [QUAD-L] hello every1!

  Hello All...thought I would share my latest hospital adventure!  First, I had an ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder then an x-ray of the same.  Then my Urologist scheduled me for surgery last Thursday.  It was for a cyststoscopy and a bladder biopsy for bladder cancer.  It was all suppose to be the usual and just day surgery.  Once they got inside of me they found I had bladder stones.  It turned a 30 minute procedure into 2 hours.  I had never even heard of bladder stones.  They told me there were "a bunch" of them.  When I asked the doc if he could put that into numbers he said I had somewhere between 50 and 100.  He said removing all of them should increase my bladder capacity considerably.  They were sent to pathology along with the biopsy.  He said I would probably have to have this every couple of years.

I ended up having to stay overnight for monitoring and they pumped me full of I.V. antibiotics.  They sent me home with more antibiotics (Cipro) and some pain meds.  It wasn't too painful but I felt I had been karate kicked in the bladder.  It is better now but still a little uncomfortable.

Stacy, did your Urologist approve the suprapubic?  How long have you had your Foley?  I have had mine 9 years but was told that as a female long time Foley I would leak urine from my bladder with a suprapubic.  Anybody have any info on this?  Any females out there have them after having a Foley for a long time?

Jerre