For the record John I'm with you I don't believe we are talking about killing humans with Embryonic stem cell research.
I was just trying to understand how these 2 killings are different in Bush's head.

Markl

-------Original Message-------

Date: 07/23/06 15:28:46
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Viewing the "Big Picture"

It is not ok to kill people. We are talking about exploiting the availability of human tissue. Just stem cells. These are not and never will be humans. These are unassigned cells. They have no thoughts, no ambitions, no sense of self, and most importantly, no womb.
If I gave you all the pieces of a an automobile, you would not own a car. Even a good mechanic would only own junk because of the  lack of tools. It isn't the big picture, its the small minds.

john