Hi Merrill,

  My 'Amen' was made to the comment that, "new disabled individuals I meet to
keep their head up and make eye contact. Using a wheelchair doesnt mean a
person is unable to get respect or engage in a conversation."

  I have met people, both before my SCI and after, that might want to engage in
a conversation but  just might not know how to, and if my head is up, and my
eyes ready to make contact, and I've never missed the chance to meet new people
and make new friends in my life!

  With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 31 Years Post
  Texas, USA

Merrill Burghardt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                These posts are curious.
Do other chair users experience disgraceful treatment in public as a rule?  The
nicest people have crossed my life since being in a chair.  Having a “service
dog” sure helps social interaction, but life with other humans was never
perfect, especially when I was in walking mode.  If some of these posters
remember walking, were you always making eye contact to people.  And you think
people are looking you!
  mb