This is the latest news I found.
Sounds like he might make a full recovery but I wish they would take this
incident and use it to promote the fact that we still need a cure for sci!

On Tuesday, everything changed as she watched her son move his limbs and
feel her touch when he was partially awakened from a sedated state.

"Based on our experience, the fact he's moving so well, so early after such
a catastrophic injury means he will walk again," said Dr. Barth Green,
chairman of the department of neurological surgery at the University of
Miami school of medicine. "It's totally spectacular, totally unexpected."

Emotionally drained yet genuinely upbeat, Dugas let out a big laugh in
discussing how difficult the last four days have been.

"Happy," said Dugas, who joined her son at his bedside at Buffalo's Millard
Fillmore Gates Hospital on Monday. "I'm extremely happy. I'm grateful."

Everett sustained the injury Sunday after ducking his head while tackling
the HYPERLINK
"http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN"Denver Broncos'
HYPERLINK
"http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619"Domenik Hixon
during the second-half kickoff of the Bills' season opener. He dropped
face-first to the ground after his helmet hit Hixon high on the left
shoulder and side of the helmet.

"It's feasible, but it's not 100 percent predictable at this time ... he
could lead a normal life," said Green, who added he has been consulting with
doctors in Buffalo since Everett was injured.

In a report Tuesday evening, Buffalo's WIVB-TV quoted Bills orthopedic
surgeon Dr. Andrew Cappuccino as saying: "We may be witnessing a minor
miracle."

Dugas is certain.

"We're going to take it slow getting him up on his feet, but we hope to see
him walk out of here," she said. "He has a strong will and determination. I
tell you, he's not going to settle for this. You're all going to see a
miracle."

I can't help but be jealous!

I wish him well and truely hope he realizes how lucky he is and not cop the
attitude that hard work will cure all!

Mark Jackson

   RollinOn

   _____