  From: John S.
  To: quad-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [QUAD-L]

  Anyone who has been a quad for 34 years has advanced osteoporosis. If you can
find a way to get calcium to bond to the bone in a more normal hard way, well,
I want to hear about it. As a quad your glands no longer produce the hormones
your body needs to repair or to replace bone in any fashion that doesn't have
harmfull side effects. Kidney, bladder, bone spurs and deformities are the
usual result of most treatments based on increased calcium. You need to be very
careful doing transfers.
  I don't know if reclast works. If it does work I wish my doctor would let me
in on it. I already have kidney problems so I'm not a candidate.
  My hypothesis is to isolate the combination of hormones needed to cause
hardening bones then synthesize them. Stem cells are suppose to be showing
promise. I think this is a problem they will solve soon I  am not real
impressed with reclast. I'd sure want to talk to another quad that has used it
successfully.

  Best Wishes,
  john