My niece use to stand on the battery box too. Then my TDX had the batteries
under the seat, but she could stand on the rocker arms of the rear wheels.
Though she said it hurt her feet. When she was older she stood on a skate board
or roller blades and i would pull her. it would have been nice to tie a nice
wagon on the back too. especially when going to fairs or farmers  markets, etc.
I'm always used as a carrier. Lots of bags hooked over the back of my chair.

Greg