Hiya Nancy,
Are you in an area with a Spinal Injury Support Group?  If so, that is
where I would begin.  As he is 23, he is of legal age to make mistakes as  well
as achievements.  Always be there and ready, when asked, to suppose  him
when necessary.  There are systems outside which are available to  him.
I wish you and your son the very best of luck.
Best Wishes

In a message dated 1/30/2012 6:53:44 A.M. Central Standard Time,