I think it's very important to remember that each of us is very different.
We ask for opinions, and many times a solution or partial solution is found
in the answers.  However, because of our differences, sometimes it is not.

25 years ago I was bitten by a brown recluse spider.  This was back before
the destructiveness of their bite was widely known.  The poison spread and
tunneled throughout my right thigh and hip.  It required extensive surgery,
and took almost a year before we were done.  As a result I had to learn to
sit differently, which eventually led to a sore in my groin.

Over the years we tried everything, staying in bed, roho cushion, wound
vacuum, all ineffective in the long run.  During eight years of that time I
was unable to get insurance because I did not qualify for Social Security
disability.  After a particularly nasty flare up and six months in a sand
bed, a very kind and generous plastic surgeon who treated me for years and
charged me $25.00 a visit, said I had a couple of options.

Continue treating this and doing all the preventive staying in bed etc. etc.
which led to no life to speak of, or get up and start a life treating this
wound.  I made the decision to just deal with it.  17 years later I still
have the wound, it has only flared up a couple of times but considering
where it is located it is understandable.  I go to wound care once a month,
and we watch it like a hawk.

For me it was the right decision, at 77 I know that my skin is becoming more
fragile and I am glad for the years when I was able to fully live my life.
Luckily I have been fortunate in having no other pressure sores that have
ever developed into serious problems.

I am not advocating my solution for anyone else, but I'm just putting it
forth to point out that we are all different.  Have a great day everyone,
and enjoy the warm weather.