At 18:28 -0600 on 17/01/03, zhmmy harper wrote:

>Hmm, I didn't know I was sinning because I'm new to this site...however,
>I've seen a lot of used software for sale here so far.  Everyone seems to do

Used software is

1) not typically sold here (for-sale posts are allowed once per year per
subscriber; people with more to sell than that allows should check out the
Swaplist) and
2) required to be legal original media in the case that it is.  No CD-R copies,
and certainly nothing burned from various online piracy tools or warez sites,
are allowed, and people found to be selling them in the past have been severely
punished.  These lists will *not* become a haven for pirates.

Even the sale of software burned legally (i.e., the copyright holder has a site
where they distribute the software, someone downloads it, burns it to CD, and
then sells it) is highly frowned upon because it violates distribution licences
in most cases.
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>