"LC" revision 040 chips merely means that it has either no or a faulty 68883
integrated fpu and therefore reports none. Rather like an SX in the 486 era.
LC's do still have the 68852/3 mmu in them so they still have the full 2gb
address space unlike the "EC" revision 020/030/040's you get that can't go
beyond the magical 16mb limit.

So.. depending on how apple did the banking with an LC you ought be able to
address a lot more. Whether apple's IPL equivelent is able to detect that much
I doubt. I have a quadra 840av with 128mb ram (4x32mb 36bit ecc). Although
other machines recognise these simms and also some other 64mb and 128mb fpm
simms ..the quadra won't go over 32mb per bank. If you put 128mb 36bit ecc fpm
simms in it it simply recognises them as 32mb. I suspect this is due to the way
apple has a) detected the ram  b) interleaved it.

 --- Steve Conrad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Various lists I have read
place the upper limit of RAM anywhere from 52 -
> 76 MB using 72 pin SIMMS. Just remember that its a 68LC040 CPU.
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Conrad
> 810 Main
> Henrietta, MO 64036
> 816-494-5692                                     http://sasha91.0pi.com
> www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/stonekeep/600
>
>    It is no secret (nor should it come as any surprise) that humankind's
> most noble impulses often surface during the most trying of times, that
> human spirit rises to the challenge when faced with adversity, that human
> strength is born from human failings...Is it any wonder, then, that the
> SDF-1 crew became a tighter family after the fortress had been exiled than
> it had before?
>
>      From the log of Captain (later Admiral) Henry Gloval
>

> --
>   --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
> Send list messages to:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/quadlist%40mail.maclaunch.com/>
>
> Using a Mac? Free email & more at Applelinks! http://www.applelinks.com

=====
Computer Science is merely the post-Turing decline in formal systems theory.