Jeff,

When SCSI manager 4.3 is active you should indeed have access to 14 total devices. Unfortunately since SCSI manager 4.3 is not active until after the system loads, you really don't have access to all the devices at boot time. Even with the workgroup server card which gives you two additional SCSI busses, you can still only access 7 total devices. It is possible that you could get 14 devices to work on a standard Q-950 if you made sure that the boot device was attached to the internal SCSI bus and contained SCSI manager 4.3. I could probably give that a try on a Q-950 to see if it works. It is possible that once the OS loads it would locate the additional bus and detect the extra devices. I am currently working on a truly souped up Q-950 (zoom-zoom)... Perhaps putting SCSI manager 4.3 in a custom system ROM... Hmmmm.

Some rules to remember:
The lower the SCSI device number, the lower the priority (on an 8 bit bus).
SCSI will normally boot from the highest priority device it can.
Internal bus has ID precedence (is scanned first) over the external bus.

Derek