under the mac os, that's definitely true, under bsd and other flavors of linux however
don't think it is true.  the mac os is great, but it has a lot of overhead in order to
be
great, for file serving you can do better with a simpler/faster os.  you also might do
better on a IIfx, since it has i/0 processors and other enhancements which can speed
drive
access with some operating systems.

--
<http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article3267.htm>  proof that
the U.S. media is now state controlled!  Ask your' local tv station why