Oh, if wanted the state directly in the DB, you'd presumably replace the in-memory store entirely

So instead of:

  | routing | CLI | OVSDB | ReST | SNMP | etc |
  |                 State API                 |
  |                   State                   |

You'd do:

  | routing | CLI | OVSDB | ReST | SNMP | etc |
  |                 State API                 |
  |            Database interface glue        |
  |             Database Library              |
  |                 Database                  |

And you'd try keep the glue as stateless as possible, and you wouldn't have any shadow copy of state, except to the extent your library can cache things.

I don't intend to do that, but I think the state API should be flexible/high-level enough to allow someone to implement that, if they wanted.

?

What else? :)

regards,
--