On Tue, 24 Nov 2015, Lou Berger wrote:

Have you looked at or considered YANG? It is certainly the hammer of the day in this space...

I've had a brief look at YANG. The needs of which should be considered. E.g. try not deviate from its schemas unnecessarily and such. There's a number of external protocols I think people would like to access Quagga via and data-stores to sync Quagga's state to, I suspect. We should consider all their needs, and try meet as many of those as possible, right? E.g., HPE Networking is very interested in having Quagga state stored in OVSDB (see OpenSwitch.net).

So the things we need to consider:

- Existing CLI
- SNMP
- YANG
- OVSDB
- <please reply with the protocol/schema/whatever you're interested in!>

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  @pjakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: