Thanks for the responses, any more input or knowledge greatly
appreciated.  Looking unlikely that a diesel turbo will be an option
for the reasons Jim points out and it seems there may be some
differences in the way the oil seals are installed on diesels, making
a petrol installation more likely to blow the seals, although don't
fully follow the logic to this one.  I got into this to help on the
pug project, however in researching it it may be better to go this
route than throttle bodies and cams on my Xtreme.  Next step is to
price it all.

Jim this may be covered in your article but if a thicker 'head gasket'
is used to reduce the compression did this throw the timing out enough
that verniers have to be used on the cams. Curious here as Ferriday
will machine the chambers for a similar price of £180 to the composite
'gaskets', thus enabling the standard gasket to be used.

Also anyone any idea how much a turbo will affect the mapping.  Next
step to figure out the intercooler installation for an Xtreme - anyone
got experience here??  I notice Mark Burley has done one on the Xtreme
for his supecharger installation.

Nigel