My 2+2 has a 1.6 CVH engine from an XR2. Intermittently it will stop and
usually start again running normally. A bit annoying! I've been told by a
Ford trained mechanic that the distributor in the Fiesta was unreliable and
there were many failures even in cars less than three years old. Does
anyone know of this? From one website I discovered that the correct
distributor is a Bosch type 0 237 521 019 but I can't find one of those.
The Haines manual says Bosch or Lucas but gives no part number.. Nearest I
found was type 0 237 601 001, Ford part number 84SF 12100 FA.

Has anyone had a distributor problem with this engine, and what type did
they use to replace it? It might be that the two types I've mentioned are
effectively identical or there might be sufficient difference that while
the one I can find will physically fit it won't work properly or even at
all! Advice please so I can get going again!

Many thanks, Mike