I can’t post to the list at the moment, so maybe you can forward this if it
works for you:

On 8 Dec 2014, at 23:33, Jerry Smith <jers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m having a problem saving comps after editing using Save or Save As.
> Duplicating the comp can allow me to save, but QC crashes a lot right now
> simply trying to save files. Restarting the computer clears the issue for a
> round of saves, but then after the sceond comp opened (I think), the problem
> comes back. I deleted prefs, I fixed permissions on the Macintosh HD. I am
> saving to the Desktop. Any advice?

Get rid of the ACLs associated with the folder that you’re saving to by
deleting the “_spotlight” user:

1. Make a new folder to store compositions in

2. Do a Get Info on the new folder

3. Unlock the Sharing & Permissions panel.

4. Delete the _spotlight user

Compositions to this folder should then save as expected.

--
Martin Orpen
Idea Digital Imaging Ltd