I’ve been mulling this over, and no offense to anybody, but I think the QC
mothballing move could be viewed as the latest step in what appears to be an
intentional Apple-wide systematic software deprecation. Apple’s recent software
— across the board — is in bad shape, everything from iOS 8 to Xcode 6 to their
“pro” apps: They're seriously bug-ridden or have been heavily dumbed down in
functionality. Why? It's like they’ve revived their archaic past-century
mindset of being a "hardware company”, a.k.a. a “gadget” company. They don’t
seem to be placing primary effort behind their software anymore, it’s almost an
afterthought. Apple's software is what always made them stand head and
shoulders above the competition. The hardware is practically a commodity item
anymore these days. From a distance can you tell the difference between an
iPhone and a Galaxy? It’s the software that is the enabler, it’s the software
that the user interacts with and makes (or breaks) the experience, not the
“hardware”. But then, Apple should know that already. When QC came out I
thought it was the coolest, slickest app I’d ever seen. Wow, I can do so much
without knowing any programming, visually! Some genius at Apple was allowed to
pursue his dream and the result was brilliant. But now it goes the way of a
long list of other “orphaned” but brilliant Apple apps and products, ostensibly
so they can focus on ... gadgets?
-Carl