On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:31:42AM +0100, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:07:12AM +0100, Wojtek Porczyk wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 02:01:34AM -0400, Jean-Philippe Ouellet wrote:
> > > Hello,
> >
> > Hello, Jean-Philippe,
> >
> > > QubesOS/*/core3-devel branches sometimes have unsigned commits (from
> > > woju) at HEAD. [1] These also get merged into marmarek's remotes [2],
> > > still without signature.
> > >
> > > I assume this is because there are other remotes / branches actually
> > > being used instead and tags are not propagating. Or does the automated
> > > signature verification workflow somehow break down in practice? Woju?
> > > Marmarek?
> >
> > This is because I actually don't have my signing key in the same VM as the
> > development. Instead I use this [1] to sign my tags. I didn't write an
> > equivalent for making signed commits. Marek keeps his signing keys in the
> > same
> > VM as IDE, so he signs his commits using the usual git tools.
>
> Actually, this is not true. I use standard split-gpg and have
> gpg.program = qubes-gpg-client in .gitconfig.
> This combination didn't work before because of some deadlock, but it was
> fixed about 2 years ago :P

Nope, the deadlock you write about was related to mutt. I wrote it about
1 year ago, and I had a purpose for that. I think the real reason was that git
had some expectations about --switches, which splitgpg didn't fulfill.

And I have an audit log for all commits I signed.

- --
pozdrawiam / best regards       _.-._
Wojtek Porczyk               .-^'   '^-.
Invisible Things Lab         |'-.-^-.-'|
 I do not fear computers,    |  '-.-'  |
 I fear lack of them.        '-._ :  ,-'
    -- Isaac Asimov             `^-^-_>