On Thursday, 22 February 2018 00:52:03 UTC+8, Yuraeitha  wrote:

> This is really weird indeed... there somehow seems to be a time or random
> factor involved? I believe there were a few before us too, who also had
> problems for a while even after a restart, but it was resolved eventually on
> its own? (At least that's the impression I got from reading those posts). Now
> the same happened to me, it just went away on its own. Then the question is,
> what is triggering this "delay"?
>
> Could it be some system cache of sorts? also did you install current-testing?
> That's the one I used today. I also sometimes have to do 'clean all' or
> restart sys-net and sys-firewall, for the updater to work properly, which
> either can't find the updates or return PGP check errors. Sometimes I need to
> do both, but typically the VM restart is just needed when PGP errors come up
> during downloads. if I don't do that once in a while, especially if the
> system has been running for a while, then I've frequently run into these
> issues the last 14 days or so. It may be a long shot, but you can try these
> things out too. For example I use qubes-dom0-update --action='clean all' and
> then clean all in the respective template too.

I figured it out.

The problem was indeed that the template had not been updated to testing. This
was caused by the repositories file being reverted back to its original
(non-testing) state. I believe this was caused by me executing the wrong Salt
state when I was experimenting with that previously.

Thanks a lot for the help, both you and Marek.