On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 7:26:16 PM UTC+1, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
wrote:

ah I see, that really simplifies the command compared to the old, or maybe it
was always like that in VM's and I didn't realize.

Either way though, the issue is still there without putting the VM name in the
command, but now the "Request refused." is back in the place of the error. It
strikes me as a little odd that it changed on its own this time without me
doing anything new (I did nothing special except restarting the VM in question,
perhaps it was that). It's the same changed feedback (from error to missing
permission) if applying the VM name in the command.

This is a peculiar oddball error. Multiple of full system restarts, and it just
won't go away despite careful maintenance procedures, or so I would like to
think anyway. (i.e. I don't just recklessly update with wrong repositories
between dom0/templates, plug the power, etc.).

This is not a personal issue for me though, not yet at least. I'll wait and see
if something new happens, right now I don't think I can add anything new.

Now that full 10-12 second long system-wide freeze that happened earlier today
after the update, worries me a bit more. But it hasn't happened since then
though. It wasn't too long after returning from suspend, and occurred
immediately after starting a another VM. I had little spare RAM left at the
time (8GB total) and more VM's running than normal, so maybe that's part of the
issue, but normally it would just not start if not enough RAM is left and not
cause a freeze like that. I don't expect a personal followup on this, I'm only
mentioning this one time incident for awareness. At the time of the system-wide
freeze, it had only been restarted once after the update. If a second restart
could fix something like that, then maybe it's gone now *shrug*