I believe soon we will be seeing an "Intel will be forcing Secure Boot
by 2025" news article with all the usual talking head idiots saying that
such a thing is fine because red hat provides a signed kernel and grub
so you can "still run linux" (their linux, not yours)
I believe by 2030 only "business" expensive laptops will allow you to
run linux....gotta love the change over to non-owner controlled right?

ARM laptops are also good if they use an owner controlled high
performance CPU design from a reputable company, there are some decent
ones from AppliedMicro that are as fast as a 4 core sandy bridge CPU
when you combine all 16 cores.

I believe one of the ways forward is making a 1U open laptop design that
can accept any standard ATX motherboard, this would mean being able to
use many of the superior non-x86 owner controlled desktop embedded
boards like the performance ARM boards from gigabyte (ex: the MP30)
which support uboot so as to not get locked in to intel's terrible uefi
ecosystem.

If the TALOS 2 is successful there are plans for a TALOS bricktop
apparently....heres to hoping many people buy the T2! (and get to enjoy
the speed and freedom)