On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 2:57:02 AM UTC-4, Drew White wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 July 2016 16:25:50 UTC+10, raah...@gmail.com  wrote:
> >
> > lol, are you sure you are not creating problems for yourself?  You would
> > make a great beta tester, but it doesn't seem you are using qubes like a
> > normal person.
> >
> > Strange that it would work on 3.2 but not in 3.1.  I wonder why that is.  I
> > was just guessing that it worked after you immediated testing after a fresh
> > install.   I'm sure if we gave you time on 3.2 you'd do something it on
> > there too lmao...
>
> lol, not at all. I'm using like a normal person actually.
> I'm using it as a developer at work, and a normal person at home. I'm having
> the same issues when at work or home, whether I'm using it as a developer OR
> a "normal person".
>
> I mean, I'm a user, not an end-user, when at home.
>
> Qubes isn't really made for end-users anyway. It's too complicated for the
> general end-user.
>
> And no, even on a FRESH INSTALL, it has the same issues.
> Even when using a 4 Gbps NIC, it has the same issues in 3.1
> Nothing broken or altered at all, and the issue exists.
>
> So I'm not to blame for the issue. I don't know who/what is, but I know it's
> not me. (at least for this issue/problem [lol])
>
> As a beta tester, I would be good, because I push things to their limits,
> unlike other people who just think "this is what it's mean to be able to do,
> I'll only do half of that".
>
> So.. Please define "Normal Person"...
>
> 3.2 has some changes to it. The networking works perfectly from linux ->
> linux -> Network.
> What is different I don't know, but it works. and it has the SAME CHANGES
> that I made in 3.1 to improve security and all. And it works fine.
> Windows is the only one that has a 100 Mbps NIC inside Windows, instead of
> Gigabit.

Qubes really isn't that hard to use,  but for some reason its got that stigma
attached to it.  Its different is all it is.   Anyone who uses windows and
doesn't need to play games can use it imo.  I taught my family how to update
qubes,  attach usb block device from usbvm, use the different vms for different
tasks,  copy and paste,  transfer files between vms.   Its all with mouse and
gui, whats the big deal?

I dunno I just wonder how you find 200 bugs lol.  most people using qubes don't
have such problems.  When your a normal person you don't go looking for
problems.  As long as it can do what you want to do.   All these problems don't
seem to be the case for most users.   Is there really a difference in
networking between 3.1 and 3.2?  I wonder what it is. You sure you using the
best drivers?  Maybe the kernel is the difference.