On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 10:08:21 PM UTC+2, Ely105 wrote:
> On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 12:38:26 PM UTC-7, Ely105 wrote:
> > I tried searching on this platform and qubes and haven't found anyone yet
> > who has posted anything so here goes.  I tried to install 3.2 on the Intel
> > Skull Canyon Skylake NUC with Iris Pro Gfx.  Tried UEFI mode and it seems
> > to install fine but when I reboot it says "No bootable.." on startup.  If I
> > try to install in Legacy Mode it seems unable to start graphical installer
> > and goes into a text-only mode.  So finally I took a working install from a
> > small/regular NUC that has been working fine, and when it boots it seems to
> > go into text mode as well.  I'm guessing maybe a gfx driver issue, but not
> > sure if there is an easy way to update/fix.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
>
> Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I moved an SSD from a working NUC to the
> NUC6i7KYK and it started bootup but it seemed to fail on loading x11/gui.  So
> it seems like a gfx driver issue.

No, I've got a kaby lake i3 so nuc7i3bnh...
Using a m.2 I was running into issues on a new install.  Wouldn't start
boot-up, so I stuck an ssd with qubes in on it and that would boot up half-way.
 That's when i went to and did the uefi instructions.
I'm still new, so definitely could be a driver issue.  And on that note, if
you've got a similar bios and ever figure out what the best options for the
graphics aperature options are, it would save me a headache.