Did you ultimately succeed?

I have also have an Intel NUC 6i7KYK and have gotten Qubes 3.2 installed on
the M2 SSD.
However, it won't boot.
I'm going to try the helpful instructions from babel, but there are some
questions.  Here are the files on the USB install drive:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 982K Dec 10  2015 BOOTX64.efi
drwxr-xr-x 2 2.0K Sep 20  2016 fonts
-rw-r--r-- 1 1.1K Sep 20  2016 grub.cfg
-rw------- 1  22M Sep 20  2016 initrd.img
-r--r--r-- 1 1.6K Sep 20  2016 TRANS.TBL
-rw-r--r-- 1 5.7M Jul 18  2016 vmlinuz
-rw-r--r-- 1  586 Sep 20  2016 xen.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 2.1M Jul 26  2016 xen.efi

The instructions under Boot Device Not Recognized After Installing say:
Copy /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/ to /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/.
Rename /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/xen.efi to /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi.
Rename /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/xen.cfg to /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.cfg.

However,
1. There is no qubes directory
2. Do they really mean to *overwrite* the BOOTX64.efi file?

I'm guessing these instructions might have been meant for a previous version of
Qubes.

Anyway, I can go ahead and try it.  I was just curious how it went for you.
Also, I'm slightly concerned about driver support for the various NUC
capabilities.