On 07/21/2017 12:10 AM, 0brand wrote:
And sorry if this sounds absurd, but very frequently the database file will
become unselected, this happens to everyone in my family all the time and you
sometimes will repeatedly try the password, to have it fail, not realizing you
actually have to re-select the database file again.
It does not sound absurd at all. There is a keepassx bug that is causing
problems if users shutdown their database improperly just like you said. Its
probably the same one I was reading about. And to be honest with you I would
take any suggestions at this point no matter how absurd you think it is ; )
When I was first having the problem I removed the keepassx databases and
restored from backups. Like I said I was having problems restoring them. I just
realized that the old vault-appvms that I removed keep showing back up in
/var/lib/qubes/appvms . Maybe this is either the problem or a symptom of the
problem?
Hopefully I will have a solution soon. For what its worth I really appreciate
everyones response and If you you have any more suggestion I would like to hear
them.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [qubes-users] Re: Keepass vault password no worky
Local Time: July 19, 2017 9:58 PM
UTC Time: July 19, 2017 9:58 PM
From: raahe...@gmail.com
To: qubes-users <qubes-users@googlegroups.com>
qube...@riseup.net, yreb...@riseup.net, 0bra...@protonmail.com
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 5:43:39 PM UTC-4, 0brand wrote:
Which Keepass? On debian:

I use the same as you Keepassx.

I"m thinking it may have something to do with dom0 backup/restore. I have multiple 512
Gib usb drives i do backups on. I don"t want to try to restore from one of my other ones
because I"m afraid they may become corrupted as well.

My next step doing a fresh install on my other hard drive and see if I can restore
my kepassx databases onto that. If that does not work I guess I"m out of luck.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.