I've been trying to resolve a problem with both of my Debian-8 vault-appvms.
For some reason my Keepass passwords no longer work. When I type in the
password I get this message:
Unable to open database. Wrong key or database file is corrupt
I have been using the same password for both my Keepass databases for quite
some time now so the problem isn't due to forgetting or miss-typing my
passwords. Normally this would not be much of a problem except for the fact
that restoring from backups is not remedying the issue. I've restored both my
Keepass vault-appvms and my Debian-8 Template.
Looking back at the day before this happened there is only one thing that I did
that may have contributed to the problem. I removed my sys-usb (netvm) and
created a sys-usb (appvm). After I created the new sys-usb I realized that It
would not run unless I set pci_strictreset to false. This was not acceptable to
me so I removed the new sys-usb and created a new one with:
sudo qubesctl top.enable qvm.sys-usb
sudo qubesctl top.enable qvm.sys-usb
The reason I think this may have contributed to the problem is because the
first two times I tried to restore my appVMs things did not go well. The first
time the Gui completely froze and I was unable to unmount the drive. The second
time the backup-restore did not complete but at least the screen did not freeze
up. The third time I used a backup from a couple days prior and everything went
smoothly. It did not solve the problem though. I still can not unlock my
Keepass vaults.
I'm not really sure what to do next. Is it possible that my backups are somehow
being corrupted when I restore them? I'm a little flustered at this point and I
could use some guidance.
Thanks in advance