21. Jul 2017 21:48 by 169...@gmail.com:

> I did not trust a password manager and wanted something more flexible so used
> cryptsetup to luksOpen a file and then mount it as a partition. Password are
> in a spreadsheet that appears when it is mounted.

I have the feeling that spreadsheets are more complicated than password
managers. Have you heard of "pass"? It's a simple command line password
manager. I believe it is more bullet proof than any spreadsheet. In particular,
each password is stored in a separate file, so there should be no issues with
properly closing any database.

> Over the years sometimes the spreadsheet asked to be recovered (it always
> worked), but I learned to close it properly to avoid that.
I hope you keep backup copies of your spreadsheet nevertheless.

RupB