On 08/24/17 17:34, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
> That is a software error (which I of course would be pleased to help
> with) not a hardware error.

I will definitely try again. It has been my practice for over a decade
to have a second computer fully installed and with the latest backups
restored on standby. Because stuff usually breaks at the worst time.
Since my move to Qubes, I don't have this safety. During the last 2
weeks I learned a lot about Qubes, so maybe this time it'll go better.
If I need help, I will surely post to this list.

> People who say "oh AMD sucks"
I didn't. Quite the opposite, I am very pleased with that computer when
it runs Windows. I simply had issues with a stock / not troubleshooted
version of Qubes OS 3.2 installed. I would actually prefer the AMD based
machine as primary computer due to screen size, keyboard size (it's a 17").

/Sven