On 08/16/2017 03:39 PM, Sven Semmler wrote:

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 8:50:20 PM UTC-4, tai...@gmx.com wrote:
As always I offer free tech support for libre motherboards if you
wish to buy one.
For the next several months I am planing to use Qubes 3.2 with a DELL
Latitude E6410 basically accepting that it is far from perfect. Also
since I am new to Qubes OS I will make many mistakes an learn from them.

At some point in 2018 however I wish to buy / build a high powered
laptop that runs Qubes OS 4 and is as secure as possible. Are there any
libre motherboard based laptop options or does this automatically mean
desktop?

/Sven
The Lenovo G505S would be the closest owner controlled performance x86 computer that has IOMMU/SLAT
- No me/psp
- Open source init (as opposed to purisms version of "coreboot" which is closed source)
- Reasonably fast
There are a few blobs (video, fan control) but they are replaceable if someone is willing to do so or fund development.