> Of course, if people want a GUI manager they can produce one - equally
> people who don't want one can use command line tools or scripts to
> provide the functionality they want.

That's the point. Since I cannot write one myself, I stopped using qubes
because my use case depends on it. Some users may only ever use firefox and
nothing else, they wouldn't mind stripping every other (cli)tool from qubes. I
see no point in making up lowest possible denominators of useability.
Qubes has a unique architecure of integrating virtual machines. If there are no
proper tools to make it possible for a user to adjust this system to his
specific use case withouth the need to write a program, some people may stop
using it (also last I checked there wasn't a proper documentation on the new
commands). I don't think that's good or bad and maybe I'm the only one who's
going back to a different OS.

regards
Loved 3.2 A truly great software.