On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 7:48:48 PM UTC+1, Roy Bernat wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> What is the best practice to trim disk inside qubes 4 .
>
> the qvm-trim-template dont exist anymore .

Basically, it's no more. Better explained here;

Quote: "Qubes R4.0 will have a new storage scheme which utilizes LVM thin
provisioning (and over-provisioning) to achieve similar capabilities with
greater flexibility." Follow link for source and further details -
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/315345/using-ssd-on-qubes-os

Also, as per my current understanding, this automated trimming feature was not
fully developed after Qubes 4 RC-1 was released, but has gradually been refined
and perfected till this day. But there are still some issues, i.e. no visual
interface to show your overall disk space useage (the other month, you had to
pull and combine several commands to make it show accurately). I'm not sure if
this disk space useage reporting issue has been fixed today though.