On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 9:48:51 PM UTC+1, Tom Zander wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 January 2018 19:40:27 GMT Yuraeitha wrote:
> > But there are still some
> > issues, i.e. no visual interface to show your overall disk space useage
> > (the other month, you had to pull and combine several commands to make it
> > show accurately). I'm not sure if this disk space useage reporting issue
> > has been fixed today though.
>
> * https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1872
> (open) Implement UI Notifications for cases of a Qube disk full
>
> * https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1053
> (open) Improve usability of VM disk space / increasing disk size
>
> * https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3438
> (open) Qubes storage pools of type LVM issues
>
> This one is closed, but as I point out in the collection of issues (3438)
> this is not yet fixed;
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2016
> (closed) Create dom0 API to detect global disk space available
>
> And, yeah, it also still needs  a user-interface.
>

> The simplest way to get the space usage if you are using a LVM based pool
> (which requires completely manual setup at the moment) is
>   sudo lvs
> and you can read under the column "Data%" how much actual usage you reached.
>
> --
> Tom Zander
> Blog: https://zander.github.io
> Vlog: https://vimeo.com/channels/tomscryptochannel

Neat collection you put together here, gives a better understanding where we
are at indeed. I suppose (partly guessing here) that "sudo lvs" works for both
"LVM" and "LVM Thin" FS-formats? I can only check LVM atm as I'm currently not
using "LVM Thin".

As for discard to be supported, I suppose it has to be enabled during the
mounting process, such as in the fstab? Thinking more align the need to solve
the issue the original posters response regarding lack of discard support, up
above. Could a solution really be that simple as to put it into the fstab
though, or is there more to it?