On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 7:06:13 AM UTC-5, ludwig jaffe wrote:
> Problem after some diskfull errors:
> see my post: "data panic (disc full) / want to mount nas with nfs and backup
> all in /var/lib/cubes", where I managed to recover the data and to repair the
> file systems.
> --
> the box is up and running, but ....
> --
> The Qubes-VM-Manager only shows running VMs and not all the VMs that are
> there, but from the menue button one can start the shells of these VMs,
> which causes the vms to be started.
>
> Also I can not change the disk size of private.img in the shutdown
> personal vm. And maybe others.
>
> What happened to qubes-vm manager?
> -> Disk got full and maybe, it could not write configs correncty
> -> I deleted some not needed VMs by hand
> rm -rf /var/lib/qubes/appvm/some_stupid_appliance in order to get space,
> before I started the recovery with the nas and kali linux
>

> so could be, that qubes vm manager did not like this.
>
> How to fix qubes vm manager?!

Also there is a bug in the qubes-vm manager:
The dom0 disk can become full, as one can set a size for private.img that is
bigger then the size of dom0 disk!
So if one is not careful, a bigger download in one of the app-vms can render
the qubes-os box unusable and one has to recover the data using kali and
mounting the file system images.