On Mon, March 5, 2018 10:18 pm, Allen Larocque wrote:
> OK, we've made progress. However, I'm not sure why this change has
> happened.
>
> Now aplay -l sees two audio devices - one built-in, one HDMI.
>

> Dom[0] volume control now sees a 'built in audio Analog Stereo'
> (hardware) and 'Simultaneous output to built-in Audio' (virtual?).
>

> When sound is playing , the volume bars fluctuate as expected, but still
> no sound coming out.
>
> - A
>

> On Sunday, 4 March 2018 18:43:51 UTC-8, awokd  wrote:
>
>> On Mon, March 5, 2018 2:34 am, Allen Larocque wrote:
>>

>>> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family
>>> High
>>> Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
>>>

>>> Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>>> Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
>>>

>> Looks like it loaded fine. In Dom0 volume control, is it selected as
>> your Output Device? Can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't show
>> in aplay -l.

My R3.2 system has similar issues with multiple HDMI audio devices. In my
case, I think it's sending it over DP to one of the monitors' headphone
jacks; haven't figured out a way to steer it where I want it to go.

In your case, again in dom0 volume control, scroll all the way to the
right to the Configuration tab and try setting it to different Profiles.
You may also need to assign individual VMs under Playback to the correct
audio adapter if it doesn't default to it. If that still doesn't fix it,
you might be running into the same thing as me. Maybe there's some command
line magic.