On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 03:31:22PM -0800, Allen Larocque wrote:
> Hi Yuraeitha,
> Thanks for your continued help!
>
> Ah, I think there is a misunderstanding: there is no USB soundcard as far as
> I understand it; only what is on the mainboard. So there should only be one
> soundcard.
>
> I am currently running a sys-usb VM however!
>
> Under DOM0 pauvaudio volume control, under the 'output devices' tab, there is
> no 'hardware' devices listed, only the 'simultaneous output' virtual device.
> The virtual device however is still showing fluctuating volume bar, so it's
> 'hearing' things correctly.
>
> Strangely too, now my headphones don't seem to work (they did previously).

Generally you shouldn't need to attach sound card to specific VM -
that's what "devices" tab in VM settings is. If you do that, only that
VM will have access to it and none of others.

What should should do instead, is to leave sound card in dom0 (unassign
from any VM you've assigned to - see qvm-pci list output), then you need
to reboot to get dom0 driver attached to the device. After this,
headphones should work again.

Then, lets debug speakers issue - open pulseaudio volume control - now
you should have 'Output Devices' and 'Configuration' tabs. In both of
them you'll see settings related to what output should be used - try
changing it there.

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki