On 8/29/19 1:49 AM, unman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 09:01:46PM -1000, rec wins wrote:
>> On 5/27/19 6:09 AM, Stumpy wrote:
>>> I am trying to use an onlykey U2F but have run into some issues like it
>>> showing up in dom0 and sys-usb but seems like i cant use it.
>>>
>>> in sys-usb:
>>> [user@sys-usb ~]$ lsusb | grep Only
>>> Bus 004 Device 010: ID 1d50:60fc OpenMoko, Inc. OnlyKey Two-factor
>>> Authentication and Password Solution
>>>
>>> and in Dom0:
>>> [ralph@dom0 ~]$ qvm-usb | grep ONLY ; sudo qvm-usb a sys-usb sys-usb:42
>>> sys-usb:4-2 CRYPTOTRUST_ONLYKEY_346etc
>>> Device attach failed:
>>> [ralph@dom0 ~]$
>>>
>>> I decided to go with the chrome app but even though sys-usb seems to see
>>> the onlykey I cant seem to attach it to the chrome appvm i made?
>>>

>> so in dom0  you did
>> $qvm-usb
>>
>> get the BDM number and do
>>
>> $qvm-usb attach chromevm sys-usb:X-X
>>
>> U2F  keys will work in chromium  for  google logins  with  no
>> complicated  passthrough setup necessary
>>
>> OTP won't ,  if the key does  more than U2F  you may need to  get  a
>> configuration application for the key  and  make sure it's  U2F  only
>> slot 1  , 2  etc
>>

> Have you looked at the qubes-u2f-proxy package?
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/u2f-proxy
>
> After installation in dom0 and the relevant template, you enable the
> service in the qube you want to use it in, and the device should then
> be available for use in that qube.
> You *dont* attach the USB device to the qube.
>
> Try that, and see how you get on.
>
> unman

attaching does work(only in chromium fwiw) even with the FF about:config
changes,  though,  apparently  this isn't  'secure'  so

looking at the u2f proxy  at this point

Repeat qvm-service --enable (or do this in VM settings -> Services in
the Qube Manager) for all qubes that should have the proxy enabled. As
usual with software updates, shut down the templates after installation,
then restart sys-usb and all qubes that use the proxy. After that, you
may use your U2F token (but see Browser support below).

after installing the proxy in the templates and shutting them down, and
restarting the appVMs  based on them..... there is No   qvm-service  to
do  qvm-service --enable

and/or  what or where is this supposed to be  'repeated' ?

"Repeat qvm-service --enable for all qubes that should have the proxy
enabled."

sure sounds like  by "qubes" what is meant is the  AppVMs  or  TBAVM  or
whatever they are called now :)