On 8/30/19 2:40 AM, unman wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 08:58:33PM -1000, rec wins wrote:

>>> Have you looked at the qubes-u2f-proxy package?
>>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/u2f-proxy
>>>
>>> After installation in dom0 and the relevant template, you enable the
>>> service in the qube you want to use it in, and the device should then
>>> be available for use in that qube.
>>> You *dont* attach the USB device to the qube.
>>>
>>> Try that, and see how you get on.
>>>
>>> unman
>>>

>> attaching does work(only in chromium fwiw) even with the FF about:config
>> changes,  though,  apparently  this isn't  'secure'  so
>>
>> looking at the u2f proxy  at this point
>>

>> Repeat qvm-service --enable (or do this in VM settings -> Services in
>> the Qube Manager) for all qubes that should have the proxy enabled. As
>> usual with software updates, shut down the templates after installation,
>> then restart sys-usb and all qubes that use the proxy. After that, you
>> may use your U2F token (but see Browser support below).
>>

>> after installing the proxy in the templates and shutting them down, and
>> restarting the appVMs  based on them..... there is No   qvm-service  to
>> do  qvm-service --enable
>>
>> and/or  what or where is this supposed to be  'repeated' ?
>>
>> "Repeat qvm-service --enable for all qubes that should have the proxy
>> enabled."
>>
>> sure sounds like  by "qubes" what is meant is the  AppVMs  or  TBAVM  or
>> whatever they are called now :)
>>
> "qube" is a "user friendly term for a VM"
> (https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/glossary";)
>
> qvm-service is a dom0 command line tool - you can also enable the
> service in the GUI interface as noted in the instructions.
> You enable the service for *each* qube where you want to use the proxy -
> that's the "repeat" part.
> Check the policy file in /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/

OK seems to be operational now in FF ,  not sure what I was supposed to
see   in  /policy/

@dom0 ~]$ !529
cat /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/u2f.Register
$anyvm sys-usb allow,user=root

u2f.Authenticate  says the same

Stumpy did you do this :

https://docs.crp.to/qubes.html

need to keep the  support organize  or just gets too complicated  IMO
or  are you Sebastian   please bottompost       unman, awokd, brendan
are the ones to talk to