On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 12:57:41 PM UTC+2, 799 wrote:

> Hello Tomas,
>
> Tomáš Vondra <tv....@gmail.com <javascript:>> schrieb am Sa., 14. Sep.
> 2019, 12:07:
>
> has anyone tried running Qubes on Dell Vostro 5581 laptop? I've been using
> a different Dell laptop until now, but I may need a replacement and this
> seems reasonable.
>

> The Dell Vostro 5581 is not on the Qubes Hardware Compatible List (HCL)
> https://www.qubes-os.org/hcl/

Yes, I know - checking HCL was the first thing I did, sorry for not
mentioning that.

> But it seems to work with Linux:
> https://certification.ubuntu.com/hardware/201808-26383

Yup. It seems to be a somewhat different configuration, though. It has an
i3 CPU (although from the same generation and with the same feature set)
and Atheros wifi (the model I'm looking at seems to use Intel).

> Therefore I think it _should_ work fine with Qubes.
> If you test Qubes on it, please submit a HCL Report, so that users might
> get an answer to your question.

Sure. Long time ago I've submitted HCL for the laptop I've been using until
now, I'll do the same with the new one.

regards